Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Astorga

Astorga
and
Castrillo de Los Polvazares

Astorga is a sparking gem that we just happened upon while driving home from Leon.  I'm so glad that we decided to drive through.  We parked our car and took off on foot, not knowing what we would find.  We only went a block or two when I knew we had found something special.



A beautiful and unique Cathedral, next door to a Gaudi Palace.

                                                                 The Gaudi Palace






The front of the Cathedral.

















This Chinese looking guy is on top of the Cathedral.
Angels in the garden of the Gaudi Palace.

Random sculpture in town.  I swear I was not the model.










I'm not a big fan of modern art, but I really liked this one.



I was wishing I had someone to take mine and Greg's picture in front of this sign.
"Redemporist Missionaries"
Ruins of Roman baths.







Another little town we drove though.  The stork nest is so big!





This little village was compared to Castle Combe,  England by the tourist books.
  I have been to  Castle Comb many times, and take my word for it,
there is no comparison.  But it was still a cute little village.




































The little village of Mota del Marques
 


We have been to this Castle before, but couldn't resist stopping
by one more time.  You can easily see it's Moorish roots. It's called Castle of La Mota, in the town of Medina del Campo.





No comments:

Post a Comment